How To Win-Get A Security Contract
How to get a security contract? Below are important steps to help new or established security services company get/win a security contract. Take note, the purpose of the below information is to educate our readers on ways and sources to find or secure a long term contract, ad-hoc client, or long term uncontracted client.
The content is divided into two parts; part-1 covers, ‘ sources and ways to get a contract,’ and part-2 covers, ‘ types of contracts-clients.’ We hope as you read, you will be able to understand the types of clients, sources for tenders, identify the right tenders-contracts opportunities, and the best way to apply for these tenders and turn them into a contract.
How to Market a Security Guard Company
- Before you start a security company read this
- Important documents you need for your security business and employee management
PART-1: SOURCES AND WAYS TO GET CONTRACTS
We will explain the best and most effective ways to source, secure, or win security contracts or long term client engagement:
1. SEO Content Writing/Optimisation: This is one of the most effective ways to get a contract or secure long term security work with clients. To win a contract or long term security work, your company must first identify the right clients. And to do so is to digitally target clients on the web. It is important that your company website is Search-Engine-Optimized (SEO). What this means is; the following; H1-Tags, Headings, Sub-Headings, Snippets on your website are properly done. Also, the following pages; ‘ Home Page, Services Page, About Us,’ are well optimised. Properly optimising (SEO) your website using high ranking/strategic Keywords for your pages, contents/blog-post will help your business rank highly on Search Engine Results Pages (SERP) such as, Google and Bing.
To add more to this; when clients search for specific keywords like, ‘security services nearby,’ your website page/post is likely to come tops amongst Google or Bing First- Page. Further example; when a client searches for, ‘ security business’ in Melbourne or anywhere in Australia, Security Concepts Services is expected to be the top-ranked company on Google and Bing First Page organically (you can try this searching yourself and see).
So, the more your website and contents rank on Google, the most likely clients will find your business on SERP, and that equates to sales-contracts. Make sure; your website has got good backlinks, very informative SEO focused blog contents, this leads to more page views-traffic to your website and sales.
2. Google My Business/Maps: You must register your security business/website on Google my Business (GMB) and Bing Business (Places). This helps your business-listing appear on local searches such as Google-Maps. Remember, your website SEO, Keywords, Contents, and Backlinks help determine how your website appears on GMB. For example, if you type ‘ School Security Guards Hire in Victoria or Australia’ we are likely to be on page 1 on SERP and also appear on GMB in most suburbs in Melbourne.
The more keywords and suburbs your business/website appears on GMB, the more likely your business will get customers visiting your website and leading to sales-contracts.
3. SOCIAL MEDIA AND REFERRALS: You must create social media pages and consistently post on them such as; create a Business Page on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc. This helps gives your business a wider on the social-web; reaching clients who prefer to search for services via social media, and that will lead to an increase in sales-contracts.
4. Entry Submission: Old marketing websites such as Yellow Pages, White Pages, Business Directories are an excellent way to market your service and your website! Make sure you register your business website, details in as many of these platforms as possible. They do not only help bring clients, but also provide your website with valuable backlinks building strategy, which gives your website more with more domain score, relevance/ranking with Google.
5. GOOGLE AND BING ADVERTISING: This is one of the quickest ways to secure clients, get invited to provide quotes leading to contracts. Though Google and Bing advertising might be expensive; due to high-cost and sometimes irrelevant clicks. But, if you have the cash to spend, I will advise you to get a very good Pay Per Click (PPC) expert that specialises in setting up a Google-Ad and managing the account. To be successful, you must spend between $50-250 per day on Google-Ad (Between Mon-Thurs), and if you do this long term, you are more likely to get a sales-contract faster. For low-budget starters, you can choose to spend $10-$30 per day.
6. INVITATION ONLY: This is one of the best ways to get a security contract, that is not often discussed. From our experience in the security industry, we believe about 40%-50% of small, medium or large security tenders/contracts are never advertised, they are mainly by, ‘ invite-only.’ What this means is; the client searches for a few security services provider and sends them a direct email, asking ‘ if the security provider is interested’ to submit a bid for the client contract.’ Once the security provider accepts the invitation, the client sends one of the following; Request For Tender (RFT) or Request For Quote (RFQ) documents to apply, and the client selects the preferred-successful contractor.
7. EMAIL AND DIRECT MARKETING: This may look old school, but it still works. Searching online for a business you believe might need your service. Then send a copy of your ‘Introduction, Proposal Letter’ either via email or directly walking to the business and dropping such letters-brochures.
8. TENDER AND GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT WEBSITE: You want a contract? Then make sure your business is registered on a professional tender website like Tender search, Tender-Link or Global Tender (for overseas tenders). Though these private tender companies charge you fees between $600-1500 per year, others may charge you every quarterly.
Also, ensure your business is registered with Local, State, or Federal Government procurement/tender website. This helps you get notifications for relevant tenders you registered for, and you will never miss the right tender advertisement.
9. Other Important Ways to Get Contracts:
– Advertise on newspapers, or buy newspapers that are known to advertise tenders
– By joining local business network groups such as BNI
– By joining professional networking groups like LinkedIn
– By joining a relevant security industry association
– By joining your local cultural community groups
– Word of mouth through family and friends
– Your religious group
– Through local radio advertisement
– Posting your business Posters and signage in relevant intersections and roundabout
– By providing free volunteering service to local disadvantage community groups
– By utilising trailer or billboard advertisement
– By branding yours or family cars with your company logo, contacts, and services
10. Security Sub-Contracting: connecting with well-established security companies and acting as a sub-contractor to them, is an excellent way to start in the Industry.
Contact a few large-established security companies and offer them your sub-contracting service, make sure you provide them with the below details in your sub-contracting proposals:
– Copy of your business Public Liability Insurance
– Copy of your price list that you will charge them for your sub-contracting service
– Copy of work cover insurance
– Number of security personal you can deploy at a giving time
– Your employee pay instrument (Award or Enterprise Agreement)
Dangers: As a new security company starting out, it is not every tender opportunity you should go for, except your security business has got serious cash, industry experts to back your tender submission and execution of the contract. For example, a security company starting with only two employees-owners, going for a University contract that is worth over $3 Million Dollar per-annum. You have to understand the University will not just give away the responsibility of securing such a valuable asset to ‘a new start-up security company.’ Also, some of these clients with significant contracts/tender like Universities, large Shopping Malls etc. May require the security contractor has a cash-deposit or guarantee of about $500,000- $1 Million Dollars before they even consider their bid.
So, make sure you read each tender documents properly and decide whether you have the manpower, management experience, and relevant resources to go for the contract. Also read RFT, RFQ, or RFI (Request For Information) documents to see if you meet the relevant client selection-criteria before deciding if this tender is the right one for your security business.
Note; only go for tenders:
– You have a read and understood what they want
– You are confident of your chances
– You have the human resources and capabilities to deliver
– You are sure not to be wasting your time and resources
Opportunities: Once you have identified the right tender opportunities, what should you do next?
Decide whether you want to use the services of a professional tender writer, or you want to attempt it yourself:
– DIY: Tender writing can be time-consuming and tedious, but you can do it yourself, which is the cheaper option for you. Take note; you are likely to need a Management Plan/Systems and a few other documentation when starting new .
Also, buy cost-effective Management Plan Systems below If you don’t have one, It can be used in any Country:
Also, watch YouTube videos, or search-Google for some articles on how to write a tender submission. Each new tender may require you to provide or create new documentation. That is why it is good to check our ‘DIY Tender Writing Pack’s’ on our Website-Shop for basic but important Tender Writing Documents that could help make things easy for you starting out.
– Professional Tender Writer: Using the services of a professional tender write may cost between $700-$5000 to write each tender submission, depending on the amount of work they have to do and documents they have to create for that specific submission.
Extra Tip: when the client Tender Documents requires that the security provider has an ‘ISO-ANZS Certification.’ You should still apply for this tender even if all you have is an uncertified-Management Plan-System. Tell the client that within 3-8months of winning the Contract-Tender you will get your Management Plan Certified by a Third-Party certification company to an ISO-ANZS Certification/standard, most clients will be happy with such guarantee!
PART-2: TYPES OF CONTRACT-CLIENT:
Part 2 will discuss the various types of work, tender-contracts, and clients. We will also…..
The above information is only the less exciting part of the full information you need: Visit our shop to buy a Full Copy/Tutorial of ‘ How to Get a Security Contract’
You can also purchase our “DIY Tender Writing Documents Packs .” This pack will help you with some of the most important basic documents that will make it easy for you to prepare a quality tender submission and provide quotes to clients and win Security Contracts.